PH: 6553 0520 (08:00 to 20:00 Mon-Fri and after hours call back service).
The Drug and Alcohol Clinical Advisory Service (DACAS) line provides specialist alcohol and other drug advice to health professionals. Launched by the Mental Health Commission in response to COVID-19 the service is delivered by experienced addiction medicine specialists at no charge to all WA health professionals – public or private.
Information provided includes:
• Clinical advice on alcohol and other drug patient management within a general practice or hospital setting.
• Management of withdrawal syndromes and intoxication. Appropriate substance detoxification advice.
• Management of medical, pain and psychiatric complications associated with alcohol and other drug use.
• Drug interaction information relating to substances of abuse.
• Community treatment referral guidance.