Valuable Conversations: Applying trauma informed care and practice (TICP) and motivational interviewing (MI) to alcohol use during pregnancy
24 November - 25 November
Applying trauma informed care and practice (TICP) and motivational interviewing (MI) to alcohol use during pregnancy
Presented by Workforce Development, Mental Health Commission (MHC)
The Valuable Conversations training covers the following:
- Reflective practice to identify areas of practice that require development for improved client
engagement and outcomes.
• TICP to consider the broader context in which alcohol use during pregnancy may occur.
• MI to empathically explore client behaviour aound alcohol use during pregnancy.
• Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder (FASD) prevention in the context of the National Strategic
Action Plan and a holistic prevention framework.
• Brief Intervention (BI) to combine course content with skills practice using the AUDIT-C and
• Useful resources for ease in recalling training information and strategies.
This event does not provide information on FASD diagnosis or treatment. Prior FASD knowledge is highly desirable but not compulsory.
For registration details, see below
Valuable Conversations – Semester 1 and 2 events – 2021 (00000002)
For enquiries regarding event registrations and other FASD learning opportunities from the MHC, please contact Dionne Aitken via email: email@example.com