Goldfields mental health resources
NEW Perinatal Mental Health Service
The Women’s Health and Wellbeing Services recognise that there are limited supports available for rural, regional and remote women and families during the perinatal period and are very excited to have received funding through Lotterywest to launch their new Perinatal Mental Health and Parenting Support Services for women at risk of perinatal mental health issues in remote and rural regions of WA. The aim of this service is to reduce the barriers to women and families accessing support.
Counselling will be available via telephone and Telehealth sessions with fully qualified counsellors and therapists. They will have the option to participate in either direct one on one sessions or group sessions. A Mental Health Care Plan is NOT required to access this service. While we aim to keep our fees low, the funding allows us to offer financial hardship exemptions to waive any fees when required.
If you need support call one of the following numbers:
- Beyond Blue (24/7) | 1300 22 4636
- DHASWA (24/7) | (08) 9321 3098
- Lifeline Australia (24/7)| 13 11 14
- MensLine Australia (24/7) | 1300 78 99 78
- Suicide Call Back Service (24/7) | 1300 659 467
- Diverse Voices | 1800 184 527 (3pm to midnight)
- HelpingMinds | (08) 9427 7100 (Mon to Fri, 9.30am – 4.30pm WST)
- Parentline | 1300 301 300
- Perinatal anxiety and depression Australia (PANDA) | 1300 726 306 (Mon to Fri, 9am – 7:30pm AEST)
- SANE helpline | 1800 187 263
- Doctor’s Health Advisory Service of Western Australia – Managing your own mental health
- Head to Health – digital mental health resources
- MoodGYM is an innovative, interactive web program designed to prevent depression. It consists of 5 modules, an interactive game, anxiety and depression assessments, downloadable relaxation audio, a workbook and feedback assessment.
- The eMHprac directory is a web version of the popular eMHPrac Guide to Digital Mental Health Resource booklet.
- This Way Up – online courses and information to help you understand and improve your wellbeing.
- Diabetes and emotional health – handbook and toolkit to support health professionals.