The Goldfields Health Professionals Network complies with the Privacy Act 1988 and the Privacy Amendment (Enhancing Privacy Protection) Act 2012 in the collection, storage and disposal of data.
What personal information do we collect?
Personal information will only be used for the purposes stated at the time of collection and will not be used for any purpose other than reasonably expected.
Your personal information may be used to:
- Deliver services that you request
- Provide you with further information about services
- Personalise and customise your experience with the Goldfields Health Professionals Network
- Assist the Goldfields Health Professionals Network to manage and enhance its services
- Communicate with you
- Promote and market other products and services of the Goldfields Health Professionals Network or related and approved third party organisations which we consider may be of interest to you
- Update information on general practitioners, general practices and other health professionals/practices as part of annual workforce surveys. This de-identified data is provided to Rural Health Workforce Australia under our Australian Government funding agreement obligations.
The Goldfields Health Professionals Network does not disclose personal or sensitive information on an individual basis. Aggregated, identified and de-identified data may be provided to relevant agencies for the purposes of facilitating relevant health and medical research planning or for assisting in or developing services and service delivery considered to be of the benefit of stakeholders. We do not disclose personal information for direct marketing purposes. The Goldfields Health Professionals Network does not disclose personal information to third parties overseas without the individual’s or organisation’s consent.
Access to your personal information
You have a right to access your personal information. To do so, a written request should be addressed to the Goldfields Health Professionals Network Coordinator. Proof of identity will also be required to ensure that personal information is provided only to the correct individual or organisation.
Should you wish to update your personal information you can do so by contacting the Goldfields Health Professionals Network and outlining the information to be updated.
Security and management of personal information
The Goldfields Health Professionals Network will take all reasonable effort to secure the protection of personal information. Our staff respects the confidentiality of personal information and the privacy of individuals and organisations and will only access information to perform work related business. The Goldfields Health Professionals Network will take all reasonable effort to ensure that personal information is maintained in a current, accurate and complete manner.
Completing and submitting surveys, forms and applications denotes agreement to the collection, use and disclosure of personal information as described.
If you have any queries about our privacy statement or complaints regarding how your personal information is being managed, please contact our site coordinator.
All requests in relation to personal information should be directed by email to our site coordinator at email@example.com.