Rural Psychiatry and Mental Health Forum
26 March - 27 March
The forum will be limited to 60 participants. The one day Rural Psychiatry and Mental Health Forum 2021, will include lectures, interactive discussions and sessions delivered and facilitated by experienced specialists. The forum will provide an opportunity to network with fellow colleagues.
- Introduction to the concepts of discussing Goals of Care and Advanced Health Directives
- End of Life Liaison Service; Psychiatrists role across a range of functions (Goals of Care, Advanced Health Directives, Voluntary Assisted Dying)
- Distinguishing between distress, depression and demoralisation
- Existential distress at end of life and meaning-focussed interventions
- How psychiatrists can link in with an integrated palliative care/psychosocial continuum of care inclusive of GPs
- Trans- diagnostic presentations in youth and adults with Eating Disorders
Open to all currently practising Psychologists, Psychiatrists and GPs or medical practitioners
This forum is pending accreditation with RACGP and ACRRM. Travel support is available for currently practising psychologists, psychiatrists and GPs or medical practitioners who work and live in rural and remote WA.